Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Manikya Vikram - Art of Living Course Experience

Water Treatment Professional, Art of Living Teacher, Chennai

In mid-80's, my boss, Shri. K.N. Koushik attended a course in an Ashram on Kanakapura Road, Bangalore and came back thoroughly impressed. Shri. Koushik wanted me to attend the course. Of course, I did not. I had not even bothered to find out the details. It was many years later, in Dec 2003 that I got to do the course at Chennai. It was the Art of Living course. Well, I guess, all in good time!

Before I go further, let me share a little about my self. I have lived a very happy & healthy life. As a student, a responsible husband and father - I have kept my life very simple and happy. I'm not at all a religious kind of person.

Vishalakshi Mantap, Art of Living International Center, Bangalore, India

It was a simple SMS that sent me & Pavani to a "Satsang" with Sri Sri Ravishankarji in the Anna University, Chennai on 30-Nov-2003. We were both overwhelmed by the personality of Sri Sri. His simplicity inspired me the most. He made spirituality & religion very simple for me. That was the first time in my life I meditated. My experience with meditation that Guruji led that huge gathering or around 20,000 was very relaxing. Suddenly spirituality began to make a lot of sense to me. Incidentally, I quit all my addictions. I did have a couple of serious addictions. It was not at all difficult with regular practice of "Sudarshana Kriya" that I learnt in the Art of Living course.

It is only natural that both me & Pavani got into volunteering in the Art of Living. Eventually, both of us are Art of Living teachers. I wish more people would join in and spread the good around the world.

1 comment:

Comments are moderated to keep the conversation civil and respectful. Thank You.