Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jesica Tirado - Found my purpose.... at last

Art of Living Teacher

(Follow Jesy on Twitter: @jesytirado )

Post originally in Spanish.

El original de este blog en español. Por favor, haga clic en el botón de traducir a la derecha (en la barra lateral) para acceder a este blog en español.

I was born in Argentina in 1983. Oldest of 3 sisters, I used to see the world, through history and around the globe. When I was 10 years old, I had already read the biographies of great people such as Mandela, Luther King, Saints like Saint Francis of Asis and others that have had significant impact in this world. These wonderful texts started me thinking "What can I do to contribute? How can I be more useful to society?"

When I was 11, I thought charity is the way and I started gathering donations for different places.  After doing this for two years, I realized I would be able to accomplish much more working in a group, than just by myself.  So, I started talking to my friends and asked them to join me. By the end of the year, over 50 of us were working together to raise funds for the various charitable institutions.  Still I felt something was missing --"education! I thought". So I spoke to this group and we started helping kids with their studies so that they would be able to finish school. Then we also started teaching adults who wanted to join college again. Still, I felt incomplete. So I joined a political party when I was 16, and did not find fulfillment there either.

At 17, I started studying medicine, I was a great student getting very high grades. I was in a group that helped the freshmen with their work. I had left politics but I still was involved in different charitable and educational projects. By the time I was 20, I had even written a book, and soon felt completely burned out.

I had many health issues stemming from endocrine problems. I was tired all the time. I had problems sleeping, concentrating and even in relating to people.

That year my sister invited me to the Art of Living Course.  In the first week, I was feeling so great that when my teacher Beatriz Goyoaga told us to do some service activity, I said I want to go and help in the foundation.

In the first month after the course, I realized how I was studying better than ever, in less time. I was sleeping well, feeling energized, relaxed and focused - all together for the first time in my life.

In 2006, I participated in the Art of Living Silver Jubilee (25th anniversary).  There I met Sri Sri Ravi Shankar for the first time. I was astounded at the number of projects and volunteers Sri Sri had inspired around the globe. His work touched all segments of society, aimed at making life a celebration from.

I came back and started collaborating actively in the Art of Living's Argentina chapter and for the first time, at long last, I felt fulfillment - this was what I had been looking for since child.

Now I am an Art of Living Teacher since 2007 and I have been able to see the same change I have experienced in my life in thousands of people from all walks of life and every sector of society.

Jai GuruDev!
Jesica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to keep the conversation civil and respectful. Thank You.